Filters on ZAGENO
Can't find what you are looking for? Request the product now and we'll find it for you (typically within 1 hour).
Filter Function & Application
A filter can be defined any porous medium through which a fluid, such as a liquid or gas, is passed with the ultimate aim of separating, or filtering, certain components within it. In general, filtration removes suspended impurities or recovers solids from the fluid sample. The fluid that can pass through the filter is known as the filtrate. According to the application of filtration, either one or both of the fluid components can be separated.
Filtration is a common process not just within biological research, but also within engineering, geography, physics, and nature itself.
- Syringe filters are single-use filter cartridges attached to the end of a syringe with a variety of applications including HPLC sample purification and gas filtration.
- Bottle top filters are used for sterile filtration and clarification of laboratory fluids.
- Centrifugal filters play a fundamental role in collecting the filtrate and removing debris during centrifugation.
- Venting filters vent air/gasses from vessels or tanks while also keeping contaminants out of the vessel.
- Filter membrane cut discs are pre-cut, convenient filters that are available in a range of materials, including paper and glass microfiber.
- Filtration accessories such as cones for mounting filters onto flasks and forceps for the careful removal of filters.