Papers on ZAGENO
Can't find what you are looking for? Request the product now and we'll find it for you (typically within 1 hour).
Chromatography Papers, Blotting Papers & More
Due to the extensive range of applications of papers in biological research, many variations exist, each with different properties according to their particular function. Here are some examples of papers available and their applications:
- Filter papers: as the name suggests, are used for filtration. Filter papers are either qualitative or quantitative. Qualitative filter papers are used to identify materials, and quantitative filter papers are used for gravimetric analyses or filtration. Qualitative filter papers do not offer the same level of precipitate recovery as quantitative filter papers.
- Chromatography papers: play a fundamental role in paper chromatography. Various grades of chromatography paper exist according to their thickness. Grade 1 paper is the world standard chromatography paper due to its high resolution for analytical separations.
- Blotting papers: absorb excess liquids from surfaces or objects. Blotting papers can be used in various processes, including electrophoresis, lysis or denaturation of colonies, and nucleic acid and protein blotting.
- Weighting papers: are placed on analytical balances while solid or powdery substances are weighed to prevent the substance from coagulating and to increase the precision of measurement. Weighting papers can be bought in a range of sizes and are available in low-nitrogen or sulfur-free forms.
- Litmus paper: one of the oldest methods of pH indication. Litmus is extracted from lichens and changes color according to whether a solution is acidic or basic.