VetMAX™-Gold BVDV PI Detection Kitby Applied Biosystems
How we protect your privacy.
The Bovine Virus Diarrhea RNA Test Kit (VetMAX™-Gold BVDV PI Detection Kit) is intended for use in the rapid, in vitro detection of bovine virus diarrhea virus (BVDV RNA) extracted from ear notches in acute and persistently infected (PI) cattle.
The VetMAX™-Gold BVDV PI Detection Kit is the first USDA-licensed real-time PCR test for the detection of BVDV in cattle. The assay is a single-tube, real-time, reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) in which RNA is reverse transcribed into cDNA, and BVDV targets are amplified and detected in real time using fluorescent TaqMan® probes.
Have Confidence in Your Results:
• Proven repeatability and reproducibility in field studies
• Highly specific and sensitive detection of type 1 and type 2 BVDV
• Consistently detects <40 RNA copies
• Contains Xeno™ RNA internal positive control for confirmation of results
• Rapid and cost-effective method for detection of BVDV with results in ~1.5 hours
• Simple, fast workflow minimizes sample handling and reduces sample cross-contamination
• Easily automated for high-throughput processing
• Detects BVDV in ear-notch tissue
• Robust and reliable AmpliTaq Gold® DNA Polymerase and TaqMan® technology
• The kit is not intended for discriminating viral subtypes
• Samples should be handled as recommended to prevent degradation of any BVDV RNA that is present
• RNA extraction methods should yield RNA free of RT-PCR inhibitors, which can prevent amplification of target RNA
• Follow “good PCR practices" to prevent false positive amplifications due to contamination of test samples with PCR products